An Acura Resource Site.
Wednesday, April 12, 2023
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Monday, April 3, 2023
Airbag Technology Earns Honda Engineer the Highest Safety Engineering Excellence Award from U.S. Government
Honda safety engineer Eric Heitkamp today received the highest honor bestowed by the U.S. Department of Transportation for his work in leading the creation of a groundbreaking front passenger airbag design. Heitkamp accepted the U.S. Government Award for Safety Engineering Excellence at the 2023 Enhanced Safety of Vehicles (ESV) conference in Yokohama, Japan. Designed to decrease the chance of serious brain injury, the new passenger front airbag technology is now standard equipment in the Acura MDX, Acura TLX and Honda Pilot.
The U.S. Government Awards for Safety Engineering Excellence recognize individuals who have made exceptional scientific contributions in the field of motor vehicle safety engineering and for distinguished service to the motoring public. This is the 2nd consecutive excellence award won by a U.S.-based Honda engineer, with Sue Bai recognized at the 2019 ESV conference, the last time these awards were presented, for industry-leading efforts in connected vehicle technology.
Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Limited-Production TLX Type S PMC in Menacing Matte Gotham Gray
Acura is creating 50 hand-assembled TLX Type S PMC Editions finished in Gotham Gray matte paint, the signature color of the performance brand’s NSX Type S supercar. The unique paint utilizes a clear matte metallic finish to give the TLX Type S an even more sinister appearance. Mirroring the production of 50 Gotham Gray NSX Type S models built for the U.S. market, the 50 handcrafted high-performance sedans will enter production next month at the company’s Performance Manufacturing Center (PMC) in Ohio and arrive at select dealers this spring priced at $65,000.
Wednesday, January 11, 2023
2023 Acura Integra Named as North American Car of the Year
The 2023 Acura Integra fulfilled its high expectations by earning the prestigious 2023 North American Car of the Year award, recognized for its sporty design, engaging driving experience, versatile package and premium features. The new performance gateway of the Acura brand, the next-gen Integra completes Acura's return to Precision Crafted Performance with 200 horsepower and the only available manual transmission in its class. It has quickly become the best-selling model in the premium sport compact segment and has the highest percentage of buyers under 35-years old in the class.
This is the second time Acura has been honored with a North American Car or Truck of the Year award. The 2001 Acura MDX also took North American Truck of the Year honors.
Wednesday, December 21, 2022
All-New and All-Electric AcuraZDX TypeS?
The Acura twitter posted about an all-new and all-electric Acura ZDX Type S.
- First full-electric model coming to market in 2024 will be a performance SUV called the Acura ZDX
- Acura Type S performance variants will continue to put the driver experience first in the electrified future with ZDX Type S
- Acura will continue to be the tip of the spear for electrification and digitalization for American Honda
Acura today announced that its first all-new full-electric SUV coming to market in 2024 will be named the Acura ZDX. Demonstrating its commitment to performance in the electrified era, Acura will also launch with a ZDX Type S variant, as the brand continues to focus on putting the driver experience first. The ZDX will be the first production model to feature many of the styling themes of the new Acura design direction introduced during Monterey Car Week in the form of the Acura Precision EV Concept.
The ZDX is being co-developed with GM utilizing the highly flexible global EV platform powered by Ultium batteries. Acura then will launch additional EV models starting in 2026 based on the company’s own global e:Architecture.
"The Acura ZDX represents the start to what will be an accelerated path toward electrification by the end of the decade and the key role the Acura brand will play in our company’s global goal to achieve carbon neutrality in 2050," said Emile Korkor, assistant vice president of Acura National Sales. “Acura will remain focused on performance in the electrified era and Type S will continue to represent the pinnacle of this direction.”
The ZDX will be Acura’s first zero-emissions SUV and the name pays homage to a previous Acura model of the same name, which was the first vehicle styled from the ground up in the Acura Design Studio which opened in Los Angeles in 2007. The new ZDX is now being styled in the same Acura Design Studio.
In April 2021, Honda global CEO Toshihiro Mibe outlined the company’s vision for global sales of electrified vehicles as part of Honda’s strategy to achieve carbon neutrality for its products and corporate activities by 2050. This vision called for 100-percent of the company’s North American sales to be battery-electric and fuel cell electric vehicles by 2040.
Tuesday, December 6, 2022
New Integra Type S
Coming summer 2023.
Acura today confirmed the development of a high-performance Integra Type S, set to join the lineup for the 2024 model year. Promising ultimate street performance and driver engagement, the Integra Type S will be powered by a high-revving 2.0-liter VTEC turbocharged engine producing over 300 horsepower and paired exclusively with a 6-speed manual transmission and limited slip differential. More details to be shared closer to launch.
Thursday, August 18, 2022
Precision EV Concept
- Acura Precision EV Concept makes global debut at Monterey Car Week, one of the world's top gatherings of automotive and motorsports enthusiasts
- Concept expresses Acura’s intense focus on performance through design, with inspiration drawn from luxury Italian power boats
- Pushing the boundaries of Acura design and technology, the concept showcases a future vision of electrified vehicles with distinct manual and full driving automation experiences
- Acura’s new design language will be first seen on a dynamically styled all-electric SUV arriving in 2024
Acura today debuted the Acura Precision EV Concept previewing the performance brand’s future design language as it prepares to enter the electrified era starting in 2024 with a dynamically styled all-electric SUV. Once again showcasing the performance brand’s design direction during Monterey Car Week, one of the world’s top gatherings of automotive and motorsports enthusiasts, the concept model was created by the Acura Design Studio in Los Angeles to push the boundaries of Acura design and technology, showcasing Acura’s future vision of electrified vehicles with distinct manual and full driving automation experiences.
Thursday, March 10, 2022
Acura Integra NFT
Acura Enters the Metaverse with Integra NFT and First-Ever Virtual Auto Showroom.
- Acura launches limited edition Integra NFT; first 500 customers to reserve a new 2023 Acura Integra at Acura.com/Integra-Reserve have opportunity to claim NFT
- Exclusively designed by 3D artist, Andreas Wannerstedt
- Reservations for the 2023 Acura Integra open at 10am PDT March 10, 2022
- Acura will be the first automaker to open a digital showroom in the metaverse on March 22
- Integra mixed media campaign and immersive metaverse experience runs throughout March college basketball national tournament
In celebration of Integra’s return to the Acura lineup today, the brand dropped its first NFT, with the opportunity available to the first 500 customers who reserve their vehicle. Once a customer reserves a 2023 Acura Integra, they will have the chance to claim their base NFT, which will upgrade into a unique Integra NFT upon delivery of the customer’s purchased 2023 Acura Integra vehicle. The unique Acura NFT will feature the surreal textures and colors Wannerstedt is known for, and each will be a unique artistic representation of the next gen Integra.
Acura Virtual Showroom in the Metaverse
In a first for an automaker, the Acura of Decentraland digital showroom housed in the metaverse at www.acuraverse.com will open to fans on March 22. Visitors can:
- Tour the Acura virtual showroom while exploring the new 2023 Integra and key vehicle features, including a powerful turbocharged engine and six-speed manual transmission.
- Browse the new Integra wearable collection, also created in collaboration with NFT artist, Wannerstedt.
- Play the Acura exclusive racing game, “Beat That” and explore other interactive rooms and activities.
Visitors are not required to have NFT ownership for entry to the Acura of Decentraland digital showroom when it opens in conjunction with the first-ever metaverse fashion week.
2023 Acura Integra Production Model Walkaround
The 2023 Acura Integra production model gets a thorough introduction, inside and out, in this walkaround of the next generation model.
Jonathon Rivers, Acura Senior Product Planner, walks us through the ins and outs of the 2023 Acura Integra.
Exterior walkthrough: 0:30 - 3:20
Interior walkthrough: 3:20 - 4:47
Powertrain: 4:50 - 5:30
- Integra features a dynamic, sporty design with a coupe-like roofline and segment-exclusive liftback body style
- Powerful turbocharged VTEC engine, sport-tuned chassis and the only 6-speed manual transmission in its segment provide an exhilarating driving experience
- Class-leading technology includes standard 10.2-inch Acura Precision Cockpit™ digital gauge cluster and available 16-speaker ELS STUDIO 3D® premium audio system
- The uniquely aspirational yet attainable 2023 Integra will start at around $30,000, with reservations starting today for delivery this Spring
Friday, February 15, 2019
Almost half a million Hondas and Acuras recalled for Fuel Pumps
Thursday, April 23, 2015
Technical Details of the Next Gen Acura NSX
- The NSX includes Acura's first use of a revolutionary multi-material space frame design that delivers class-leading body rigidity while remaining lightweight.
- World's first automotive application of new ablation casting1 technology resulting in world-class body rigidity for ultimate handling and control.
- World's first use of a three-dimensionally formed, ultra-high-strength steel A-pillar, supporting class-leading rigidity and crash performance while providing outstanding outward visibility.
- The NSX achieves top-in-class aerodynamics targets without the use of active aerodynamic elements, while its three-motor Sport Hybrid power unit is cooled through 10 heat exchangers all thanks to a total airflow management strategy that maximizes the flow of air around and through NSX.
- Displacement of the NSX's all-new twin turbo V-6 engine was confirmed to be 3.5-liters.
- The NSX will mark the introduction of the most capable and highest torque capacity Super Handling All-Wheel Drive system in Acura history.
- The latest proprietary logic advances Acura's two decades-long pursuit of Super Handling that proactively responds to driver inputs, allowing the NSX to achieve a new level of line trace while at the same time intelligently supporting the driver in changing environments.
Acura's First Application of a Multi-Material Body with Space Frame Construction
Developing the Most Rigid-in-Class, Multi-Material Body
The Acura NSX heralds the world's first application of ablation casting technology in the automotive industry. Ablation casting combines traditional casting methods with rapid cooling techniques to offer the design flexibility and rigidity of casting with the ductility and energy absorption characteristics of extruded material.
- The ablation process allows the ultra-rigid castings to be located within the crush zones and to function as large aluminum nodes, or junction points. Aluminum extrusions are then inserted into sockets in the ablation cast nodes, which act as fixtures that hold the space frame in place during welding.
- During the welding process, shorter stitch welds can be applied, enhancing the exceptional, repeatable precision of the NSX space frame construction by reducing heat deformation during the production process.
- Ablation castings also enable traditional aluminum castings to be used at strategic locations in the space frame and as the primary mounting points for suspension and power unit components, in addition to being the reference and temporary attachment points during the highly accurate space frame construction process.
- Full space frame construction and vehicle assembly are conducted on-site at the new Performance Manufacturing Center (PMC) in Marysville, OH, providing a high level of quality control.
In addition to the world's first casting technology, the NSX applies an all-new three-dimensionally formed ultra-high-strength steel A-pillar that provides next-generation rigidity and precise shape specification tolerances.
NSX represents an advanced expression of modern body design theory: the strategic integration of multiple materials to achieve optimal body performance for numerous targets, including rigidity, dynamic response, superior fit-and-finish and occupant protection.
- The aluminum-intensive space frame is complimented with precisely crafted ultra-high-strength steel and anchored with a carbon fiber floor together producing body performance at its peak.
- For the new NSX, the body design and technologies are about more than just raw performance – a goal of any supercar development. In keeping with the human-centered supercar concept, the NSX development team went further, to optimize how the car's performance capabilities are experienced by the driver through the body.
- Drivers will experience all of the on-the-rails handling provided by the Sport Hybrid SH-AWD power unit because it is communicated in high-fidelity through the most rigid body in its class.
Engineering a Next Generation Thermal and Aerodynamic Package via Total Airflow Management
- The all-new NSX employs 10 air-cooled heat exchangers responsible for cooling the front twin-motor unit (TMU), twin-turbo V6 engine, rear direct-drive electric motor and 9-speed dual clutch transmission (DCT).
- The all new, twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V6 engine at the heart of the Sport Hybrid SH-AWD power unit requires the greatest cooling and receives it through three radiators: one center and two side units to get maximum airflow volume and efficiency. The center radiator is tilted forward 25-degress, allowing the largest, optimized configuration that best utilizes the inherent pressure gradient while maintaining the strict low center of gravity targets of the NSX's Advance Sports Package.
- Condenser and power drive unit (PDU) coolers are efficiently packaged in front of the center engine radiator.
- The TMU is cooled passively through strategic use of air in the front motor room and by a heat exchanger mounted in front of the right engine sub-radiator.
- The 9-speed DCT is cooled by two heat exchangers, one mounted in front of the left engine sub-radiator and the other in the engine compartment.
- Twin-intercoolers located in the signature side intakes are used to cool the intake air charge.
NSX achieves top-class aerodynamic balance and supercar aerodynamic downforce without the use of active aero. Aerodynamic drag is minimized, even while moving large airflows through NSX as it inhales and exhales. Aerodynamic downforce is created through the total airflow management focus on utilizing airflow through each vent, as NSX exhales, and through more traditional aerodynamic shape optimization.
- Six vortices flow at the rear of the NSX including those that support creating the highest downforce across the rear deck lid.
- Flowing from below the car and exiting through meticulously optimized lower, rear diffuser fins is a critical vortex that further anchors NSX to the ground. Uniquely, the fins are not parallel to each other, but are narrower toward the front of the car and wider at the rear. This design creates low pressure and further maximizes downforce.
A new handling paradigm decades in the making
Acura has been continuously refining its advanced torque vectoring technology while in parallel developing new ways of accomplishing the timeless sports car values of lightweight, rigid chassis and potent powerplants. This all-new Sport Hybrid SH-AWD represents a system injected with more electric power, delivered more directly, managing more internal combustion power than any system Acura has engineered to date.
- Super Handling is brought to its pinnacle form in NSX where the strengths of electric motors –delivering zero delay acceleration – allows the NSX to offer dynamic torque vectoring even at low vehicle and engine speeds.
- Super Handling logic has progressed along a parallel path with hardware. While many advanced automotive technologies are focused on feedback, measurements of how the vehicle is reacting, NSX uniquely applies additional technology to focus on accurately responding to driver input through immediate, precise application of torque at each wheel at any moment.
- Using cutting edge computer-aided engineering (CAE) optimization software, engineers created a double-wishbone, double lower control arm front suspension that decouples the twin-motor unit (TMU) torque from the driver's experience at the steering wheel, providing timeless sports car steering communication to the driver with a new experience of on rails handling provided by the precise torque vectoring of the TMU.
- Variable gear ratio steering is applied to further enhance the confident, race-ready driving dynamics of the all-new NSX.
Sport-Hybrid SH-AWD Power Unit
Powering the Sport Hybrid Power Unit with Racing Technologies
- The new engine has a displacement of 3.5-liters and utilizes pinnacle racing technology, applying both direct and port injection to its design.
- The 75-degree V-angle and dry sump design optimizes engine rigidity and further supports the NSX's Advanced Sports Package by allowing the engine and components to be lowered in the chassis to the maximum extent, resulting in the lowest center of gravity in its class. This also supports the advanced packaging of other engine components.
- The engine's dry sump design also helps maximize vehicle performance in high lateral-G conditions.
- The rear direct-drive electric motor applies its torque directly to the crankshaft.
- The 9-speed DCT's main, counter, secondary and output shaft design maximizes the advanced sports package through a configuration that lowers weight and helps to center the mass nearer the driver.
The all-new Acura NSX represents the convergence of timeless sports car values and advanced technology in a pinnacle supercar. Timeless sports car values include classic goals like a rigid and light chassis with the mass placed low and close to the driver. Advanced technologies include those that enhance the driving experience in new ways.
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
New Acura NSX Unveiled
- The company will begin accepting custom orders for the new NSX starting in the summer, with customer deliveries expected later in the year.
- The approach is realized through an all-new power unit—a twin-turbocharged 75-degree DOHC V6 engine with a 9-speed dual clutch transmission (DCT) and three-electric motor Sport Hybrid system—integrated with an ultra-rigid and lightweight multi-material body with world's-first material applications and manufacturing processes.
- To accommodate the new longitudinally mounted twin-turbo V6 and 9-speed DCT, the production vehicle was lengthened (+3 inches) and widened (+1 inch) with a slightly more cab-forward package, compared with the proportions of the NSX Concept shown in 2012.
- The NSX will be manufactured exclusively at the Performance Manufacturing Center (PMC) in Marysville, Ohio, where approximately 100 highly-skilled associates will conduct full body construction, paint, and final assembly using domestic and globally-sourced parts.
- Almost everyone loves the exterior.
- Mixed reviews on the interior. Lots prefer the concept interior then this interior. Complaints include current interior looking cheap and less luxurious.
- Horsepower is rumored to be 550+ hp and car weight is currently not being reported.
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Rumored features of Acura minivan:
- Standard all-wheel drive
- 9 speed automatic transmission
- V6 engine (possible hybrid)
- Luxurious interior with emphasis on 2nd row comfort
No one expected this, at least I didn't. Any guess on the name? MVX?
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Next Gen Acura NSX Delayed?
First, there was a crash at Honda's Takasu Proving Ground in May (2014). Reports are saying that a car went off course while testing and two men in their 20's were hurt. The passenger was transported to a nearby hospital while the driver sustained minor injuries. Rumors are saying the vehicle was the new NSX.
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
2015 Acura TLX Specs Revailed at New York International Auto Show
|TLX Model||Available Packages||Engine||Transmission||Steering/|
|Anticipated EPA Ratings3|
|TLX V-6||Technology, Advance||3.5-liter, V-6||9AT||P-AWS||21/34/253|
|TLX V-6 SH-AWD||Technology, Advance||3.5-liter, V-6||9AT||SH-AWD||21/31/253|
Complaints on the interwebs:
- No manual transmission.
- Fake leatherette in base model.
- Bland/ugly exterior.
- Weird extra line on the side skirt.
Thursday, February 13, 2014
My 2005 Acura TSX Alternator Died
Fast forward about 8 hours, I jump back into my car and start it. Again the battery light is on! So it's probably not a false warning but I don't really know exactly what this light is warning me about, something battery/electrical related. I start heading home, but it's rush hour in the rain, and for some reason most San Diegans are terrible drivers in the rain. All of a sudden, my radio goes silence. I thought to myself, is it just this station or is it my radio? Checked the next station... no sound... Quickly turned off the radio and started to make my way to the left lane in case I am going to breakdown. As I was thinking that, my fuel and temperature gauges drop all the way down to zero. About a minute later, my dash fully lights up! I don't know what's exactly going on, but I told myself, "You need to pull over into this parking lot!"
I parked somewhere out in the open in case I needed to jump my car. I texted my fiancee and brother, both who didn't respond right away. My plan was to wait for traffic to die and try to make it 4 miles home. As I was waiting around, I was googling on my phone the battery indicator. Basically, the internet didn't tell me anything new: electrical problem most-likely alternator. My fiancee finally got back to me about 30 minutes later asking what I wanted her to do. I told her I wanted to drive it home after traffic died down, but as I was saying that, it occurred to me that even if I get it home, it might be stuck there and I will probably need to tow it to my mechanic anyways. So now I wanted to wait until traffic died and drive it to my mechanic, which was about 7 miles away, 6 of which are on the freeway.
My fiancee picks me up and we eat dinner while waiting for the traffic to die down. I get jumper cables out of my car after getting back to it. They're basically part of my bug out bag in my car. I used my fiancee's car to charge my battery. After what seemed like a long time, but was really only 20 mins, we headed out. The plan was to have her drive behind me to block car if anything happened.
After waiting at the first light for 3 mins, which seemed like forever, all the symptoms of electrical problems appeared again! However, this time there was another symptom, my car couldn't really move when I stepped on the gas! My engine revved but I wasn't going anywhere. I played with changing the gears for a little bit and somehow my car started rolling again. I accelerated to the next light and I could see that my headlights are out. So my dash is basically all dead, car isn't going when I tell it to, my headlights are out, all in the rain. There's no way I'm getting on the freeway like this, I need to pull over and get this towed! So I turned off onto a side street to try to turn into the first parking lot I see... but I couldn't make it. My car died at the intersection to the parking lot. :( The lucky thing was I was no longer on the main road, and I wasn't caught in the middle of the intersection. My fiancee pulls up next to me and I start charging my battery again, just trying to make into the parking lot. As the battery was charging, I called a tow truck, $45 hook plus $5 per mile.
The tow truck arrived moderately fast, took about 30 minutes. I towed my car to my mechanic, the tow guy knew where it was. After paying the tow truck, I took my car key off my ring and threw it in my mechanic's mailbox. I thought to myself, I couldn't drive it for 4 miles, good luck to anyone who wants to steal it and drive 4 miles.
The next day, I worked from home and called my mechanic to tell him what's up. He said he would check the battery and alternator and would call me back. As promised, I received his phone call and told me my alternator is bad and I would need a new battery too. $275 for the alternator and $100 for the battery so $375 installed. I asked what happened and his response over the phone was "the battery is too strong and it killed the alternator". I didn't really get it but the conversation ended there.
I picked up my car the next day and wanted to clarify what he meant about the battery being too strong because I changed my battery at Walmart 2 years ago and this is they battery they said went with my car. He told me when he tested my alternator, it was smoking. When he tested my battery it was about 14 volts. The battery is supposed to be around 12 volts. He said the alternator was overworked because it always needed to charge the "strong" battery.
I bought my 2005 Acura TSX in the December of 2005.
Friday, January 17, 2014
RIP Acura ZDX
For more details please see Acura's press release from last year.
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Acura Plans To Move Up To GT Category In Pirelli World Challenge Championship
To be campaigned by long time Acura Motorsports partner RealTime Racing, the new TLX GT will move Acura into the top category of the Pirelli World Challenge, facing competition that includes the Audi R8 LMS, Cadillac CTS-V, Chevrolet Corvette, Dodge Viper, Lamborghini Gallardo, Mercedes SLS, Nissan GTR, Porsche 911 and Ferrari 458.
Developed from the production 2015 Acura TLX by HPD, the racing arm of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., the Acura TLX GT Race Car will feature HPD chassis and aerodynamic performance parts approved for Pirelli World Challenge competition, and will be powered by a direct-injected, twin-turbocharged V6 engine, developed by HPD from the normally aspirated, production TLX luxury sport sedan. It will utilize all-wheel drive, as found in Acura's Super-Handling All Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD™).
HPD was founded in 1993 as the performance arm of American Honda, to spearhead the company's entry into Indy car racing. No other manufacturer has matched Honda's success in Indy cars, which includes 204 race victories, 15 drivers' championships, six manufacturers' championships and nine consecutive Indianapolis 500 victories. In 2013, Honda powered veteran Scott Dixon to four race wins and the 2013 IZOD IndyCar Series championship; and Tristan Vautier to series Rookie of the Year honors.
HPD's prototype racing efforts have resulted in more than 60 victories and multiple American Le Mans Series championships. The company's sports car racing debut in 2007 at the 12 Hours of Sebring marked the first win for HPD's LM-V8 engine; and the first for a Honda racing engine designed and developed outside of Japan. HPD won the LMP2 title in the inaugural 2012 World Endurance Championship and has twice won the LMP2 category at the 24 Hours of Le Mans since 2010. In 2013, HPD and Honda again swept the LMP1 and LMP2 manufacturers', engine, team and drivers' championships in the American Le Mans Series; while HPD-equipped Strakka Racing claimed the LMP1 class win at the 24 Hours of Le Mans for private team entries.
HPD participates in competition on both two wheels and four. The company offers a complete line of race engines for cars from grass roots to pinnacle; for professional, amateur and entry-level racers.
The Acura TLX GT Race Car will be campaigned by Wisconsin-based RealTime Racing, the most successful team in Pirelli World Challenge history. Established in 1987 by owner/driver Peter Cunningham, RTR has raced and won with both Honda and Acura products. Since entering the Sports Car Club of America Pro Racing-sanctioned World Challenge series in 1993, the team has scored a record 85 race victories on its way to 14 Manufacturers' Championships and 14 Drivers' Championships.
2015 Acura TLX Prototype
Car highlights include:
- Jewel Eye LED
- Dimensionally, the overall length is 3.8 inches shorter than the current TL, yet rides the same 109.3 inch wheelbase as the TL. The prototype's right-sized dimensions place the new TLX neatly in between the smaller ILX and larger RLX sedans.
- Two-wheel drive and all-wheel drive versions.
- Two-wheel drive with either the 2.4 or 3.5 liter engines
- TLX SH-AWD is exclusively for the 3.5 liter V6 engine with 9-speed transmission.
- Two new engines
- 2.4-liter 16-valve inline 4-cylinder with direct-injection.
- 3.5-liter SOHC V6 with direct injection
- Two new transmissions.
- 8-speed dual clutch transmission (DCT) with torque converter is mated with the new 4 cylinder engine.
- 9-speed automatic transmission is mated with the V6 engine
The TLX was designed and developed in the United States by Acura engineers working in the company's Los Angeles design studio and Raymond, Ohio new-vehicle development center. The new TLX will be produced using domestic and globally sourced parts at the company's award-winning Marysville, Ohio auto plant, which presently manufactures the 2014 Acura TL performance-luxury sedan.
Acura TL Power Steering Moans or Whines TSB: 07-060 Applies To: 2004-07 Acura TL (ALL) SYMPTOM A moan or whine is heard when turn...
This is straight from the Winter 2008 Acura Style magazine: "Acura's Client Services (ACS) has thoughts on ill-advised owner att...
VTEC.net has up some photos of a super camo-ed compact SUV that they are speculating to be the 2013 Acura RDX.
AFFECTED VEHICLE: 2005 - 2008 Acura RL BACKGROUND: Unexpectedly high heat deterioration and bending stress can cause the power steerin...
In advance of the market launch of the highly anticipated next generation Acura NSX, the engineers leading the supercar's development s...
SYMPTOM The HandsFreeLink (HFL) system doesn’t work, and the battery sometimes won’t start the vehicle. APPLIES TO 2007-08 TL (ALL) 200...
Currently Applies To: ’04–08 TL Got a vehicle with a faded or blotchy dashboard? The likely cause is the compatibilizer material in the da...
TSB 04-002: (2003 MDX) Creaking From the Headliner TSB 04-003: (2001-2002 MDX) Idle Fluctuation With DTC P1129 TSB 04-007: (2003-2004 ...
The new $15 million Acura Design Studio officially opened its doors today, assuming a key role in the development of new concepts and desi...
So it happened, my alternator died leaving me dead on the road in the rain last Thursday, February 6, 2014. My day started out normal, wake ...