Honda will further accelerate a focus on the following three pillars:
1. Strengthening the foundation for global growth
Europe - Automobile:
In the first half of 2008, the all-new Accord Sedan and Tourer will be introduced to the market. The mass production models will be introduced at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2008. The all-new Accord will be equipped with an i-DTEC engine, which complies with the Euro 5 emission standard expected to become effective in 2009. - (This all-new Accord will most likely be introduced in the States as the next geneation Acura TSX.)
Honda Accord Tourer concept
2. Strengthening the foundation for global growth:
(It must be noted that Honda has no intentions of making an Acura hybrid, but it's still nice to know what Honda is getting.)
* In addition to Civic Hybrid, Honda will introduce a new dedicated hybrid vehicle in 2009. The new dedicated hybrid vehicle will be equipped with a newly developed lightweight and compact IMA (integrated motor assist) system and offered at a more affordable price level base on Honda's efforts to significantly reduce cost. The worldwide sales plan for this vehicle is approximately 200,000 units annually.
* A new sports hybrid, based on the CR-Z introduced at Tokyo Motor Show, will be sold globally.
* The second-generation i-DTEC engine will first be installed to models for European markets in 2008, North America in 2009, and Japan will follow. (An Acura diesel may not be totally out of the question.)
i-DTEC European Honda Accords (a.k.a Acura TSXs).
3. Accelerating our efforts in Japan to strengthen the core characteristic that make Honda unique:
* In addition to test courses, Honda decided to build a product development facility dedicated to the Acura brand within the new R&D center being constructed in Sakura with an aim to strengthen product development for the Acura brand.
* In April 2006, Honda R&D launched a new organizational structure separating the product development functions for the Honda and Acura brands. With the addition of a dedicated development facility for the Acura brand, Honda R&D will further strengthen product development capabilities which clearly define the unique characteristics of each brand and accelerate product development that offers new value for the customer.
Automobile - Construction of a new engine plant in Ogawa and new auto plant in Yorii began in fall 2007 with a target to begin operations in 2009 and 2010, respectively.
Automobile Business in Japan:
* To further strengthen the Honda brand, all-new versions of four different vehicles will be introduced in Japan during 2008. Honda's goal is to expand sales by offering attractive products which bring more joys to customers.
For the full article: Honda Worldwide News
Acura TL Power Steering Moans or Whines TSB: 07-060 Applies To: 2004-07 Acura TL (ALL) SYMPTOM A moan or whine is heard when turn...
This is straight from the Winter 2008 Acura Style magazine: "Acura's Client Services (ACS) has thoughts on ill-advised owner att...
VTEC.net has up some photos of a super camo-ed compact SUV that they are speculating to be the 2013 Acura RDX.
AFFECTED VEHICLE: 2005 - 2008 Acura RL BACKGROUND: Unexpectedly high heat deterioration and bending stress can cause the power steerin...
In advance of the market launch of the highly anticipated next generation Acura NSX, the engineers leading the supercar's development s...
SYMPTOM The HandsFreeLink (HFL) system doesn’t work, and the battery sometimes won’t start the vehicle. APPLIES TO 2007-08 TL (ALL) 200...
Currently Applies To: ’04–08 TL Got a vehicle with a faded or blotchy dashboard? The likely cause is the compatibilizer material in the da...
TSB 04-002: (2003 MDX) Creaking From the Headliner TSB 04-003: (2001-2002 MDX) Idle Fluctuation With DTC P1129 TSB 04-007: (2003-2004 ...
The new $15 million Acura Design Studio officially opened its doors today, assuming a key role in the development of new concepts and desi...
So it happened, my alternator died leaving me dead on the road in the rain last Thursday, February 6, 2014. My day started out normal, wake ...