Thursday, April 23, 2015
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
Twenty-five years after the debut of the original, paradigm-shifting NSX supercar, Acura revealed the production version of its highly anticipated successor—the next-generation Acura NSX, developed and produced in the U.S.—to the world's auto media at the 2015 North American International Auto Show today. The production model, in a scintillating NSX Red finish, took the stage with a growl from its twin-turbocharged engine.
- The company will begin accepting custom orders for the new NSX starting in the summer, with customer deliveries expected later in the year.
- The approach is realized through an all-new power unit—a twin-turbocharged 75-degree DOHC V6 engine with a 9-speed dual clutch transmission (DCT) and three-electric motor Sport Hybrid system—integrated with an ultra-rigid and lightweight multi-material body with world's-first material applications and manufacturing processes.
- To accommodate the new longitudinally mounted twin-turbo V6 and 9-speed DCT, the production vehicle was lengthened (+3 inches) and widened (+1 inch) with a slightly more cab-forward package, compared with the proportions of the NSX Concept shown in 2012.
- The NSX will be manufactured exclusively at the Performance Manufacturing Center (PMC) in Marysville, Ohio, where approximately 100 highly-skilled associates will conduct full body construction, paint, and final assembly using domestic and globally-sourced parts.
For more pictures and the full press release, please see Rebirth of an Icon: Next Generation Acura NSX Unveiled.
Buzz from around the net:
- Almost everyone loves the exterior.
- Mixed reviews on the interior. Lots prefer the concept interior then this interior. Complaints include current interior looking cheap and less luxurious.
- Horsepower is rumored to be 550+ hp and car weight is currently not being reported.
Acura TL Power Steering Moans or Whines TSB: 07-060 Applies To: 2004-07 Acura TL (ALL) SYMPTOM A moan or whine is heard when turn...
This is straight from the Winter 2008 Acura Style magazine: "Acura's Client Services (ACS) has thoughts on ill-advised owner att...
AFFECTED VEHICLE: 2005 - 2008 Acura RL BACKGROUND: Unexpectedly high heat deterioration and bending stress can cause the power steerin...
In advance of the market launch of the highly anticipated next generation Acura NSX, the engineers leading the supercar's development s...
SYMPTOM The HandsFreeLink (HFL) system doesn’t work, and the battery sometimes won’t start the vehicle. APPLIES TO 2007-08 TL (ALL) 200...
TSB 04-002: (2003 MDX) Creaking From the Headliner TSB 04-003: (2001-2002 MDX) Idle Fluctuation With DTC P1129 TSB 04-007: (2003-2004 ...
VTEC.net has up some photos of a super camo-ed compact SUV that they are speculating to be the 2013 Acura RDX.
Currently Applies To: ’04–08 TL Got a vehicle with a faded or blotchy dashboard? The likely cause is the compatibilizer material in the da...
The new $15 million Acura Design Studio officially opened its doors today, assuming a key role in the development of new concepts and desi...
So it happened, my alternator died leaving me dead on the road in the rain last Thursday, February 6, 2014. My day started out normal, wake ...