- The company will begin accepting custom orders for the new NSX starting in the summer, with customer deliveries expected later in the year.
- The approach is realized through an all-new power unit—a twin-turbocharged 75-degree DOHC V6 engine with a 9-speed dual clutch transmission (DCT) and three-electric motor Sport Hybrid system—integrated with an ultra-rigid and lightweight multi-material body with world's-first material applications and manufacturing processes.
- To accommodate the new longitudinally mounted twin-turbo V6 and 9-speed DCT, the production vehicle was lengthened (+3 inches) and widened (+1 inch) with a slightly more cab-forward package, compared with the proportions of the NSX Concept shown in 2012.
- The NSX will be manufactured exclusively at the Performance Manufacturing Center (PMC) in Marysville, Ohio, where approximately 100 highly-skilled associates will conduct full body construction, paint, and final assembly using domestic and globally-sourced parts.
For more pictures and the full press release, please see Rebirth of an Icon: Next Generation Acura NSX Unveiled.
Buzz from around the net:
- Almost everyone loves the exterior.
- Mixed reviews on the interior. Lots prefer the concept interior then this interior. Complaints include current interior looking cheap and less luxurious.
- Horsepower is rumored to be 550+ hp and car weight is currently not being reported.
Post a Comment